"People who like this sort of thing will find this the sort of thing they like."

Monday, October 31, 2011

The Chronicles of an Unforseen All-Nighter


As of late (no pun intended), I have found myself unable to sleep, and although routinely so, every Sunday night catches me by surprise as it had one week prior. The reason as of why I cannot sleep is beyond me and even more perplexing, is the fact that my temporary insomnia falls on a Sunday night, each and every dreadful week. I feel as if though my mind is swimming in thought, however, without direction. In any case, I am determined to productively occupy the time I would have otherwise spent unproductively sleeping.
Without further adieu, I humbly present to you the first (and hopefully the last) entry of the "Chronicles of an Unforseen All-Nighter".
Because this is of course my first entry of a new segment with yet another catchy (but meaningless) title, I feel somewhat compelled to provide you with entertaining reading material. However, in light of (or lack there of, lol) the late hour and my tiresome mind, I am struggling to do so. The truth is, the hours between the time in which we fall asleep and wake, are meant to be unshared because they are ridiculously uneventful. If in the event the world operated differently or at least in accordance with the way in which I operate (nocturnally), perhaps this wouldn't be the case. However and unfortunately, it is.
If one (as I presume most do) hopes to accomplish all that they had intended on accomplishing in a given day, all-nighters are simply inevitable. There aren't enough hours in the day in order to achieve all that which one would have hoped to. Of course, one could simply say that my prejudice against the amount of hours in a day are a result of my own poor planning and insufficient time management, and perhaps they would be right, however, I believe I speak for the majority when I say that life would be much easier if given more time. Sadly, it is of the essence.
My incessant babbling of the wee hours has in all likelihood, put most to sleep. I only wish it would do the same for me. As always, feel free to comment. Until next time...........

4 comments:

  1. Soooo I think you got no life bro

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or perhaps the contrary. My belief that there aren't enough hours in the day is a reflection of my life and the extent in which I have one. If in the event I didn't, I wouldn't be struggling with fitting all that which I need to accomplish in one average sized day..... bro.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This reminds me of that one time... when I didn't sleep.

    True story.

    ;D

    ReplyDelete